Our team is a group of professionals dedicated to spreading well-being and happiness by teaching the principles of a healthy lifestyle.
Ted D. Barnett, MD, FACLM*°
RLMG Founder & CEO; RLMI President & Board Chair
Read more about our Founder
- Dr. Barnett is the High-Tech Doctor with Low Tech Solutions.
- He is Board Certified in Diagnostic Imaging as well as Vascular and Interventional Radiology and has practiced in the Rochester area since 1986.
- He is Board Certified in Lifestyle Medicine, having passed the inaugural examination given by the American Board of Lifestyle Medicine in October 2017.
- Dr. Barnett teaches a 6 week plant-based nutrition course which is accredited for 12 professional CME. Over 670 Rochesterians have taken the course which has been given 15 times.
- He, his wife and three children have thrived on an exclusively plant-based diet since 1991.
- Read Dr. Barnett’s full Curriculum Vitae here.
Susan Friedman, MD, MPH*°
RLMG Medical Director; RLMI Director of Clinical Research
Read more about Dr. Friedman
Trained at Northwestern and Johns Hopkins Universities, Dr. Friedman is an active clinician, teacher, scholar, and researcher with a special interest in healthy aging. She is a board certified internist and geriatrician, serving as a hospitalist at Highland Hospital. Her model for healthy aging is the blue zone framework, of which a focus on plant-based, whole foods nutrition is a key component. At home, she is happy to find new plant-based recipes to serve to her multi-generation household, that includes her mom, husband, and 3 growing boys. The recipient of numerous research grants, she is an Associate Professor of Medicine at the University of Rochester. Here is a link to one of her recent articles about healthy aging. More information about Dr. Friedman is available here.
Gaylinn Greenwood, MD*
Read more about Dr. Greenwood
Dr. Gaylinn Greenwood joined Honeoye Valley Family Practice in 2007. She was born and raised in Milwaukee Wisconsin. She graduated from the University Of Wisconsin Medical School in 1987 and completed her family practice residency at the University of Rochester in 1990. Dr. Greenwood served as family medicine chief resident at Highland Hospital from 1990-1991, and completed some fellowship training in Ob/Gyn, infectious diseases and adolescent medicine during that time. From 1991-2007 Dr. Greenwood worked in an underserved, urban community in northwest Rochester, as an employee of Unity Health System. Dr. Greenwood’s interests include, reading, writing, gardening, mountaineering, and international travel.
Jane Dorsey, NP*
Read more about Jane Dorsey
- Master’s degree in Science from the University of Rochester
- Master’s degree in oriental medicine and acupuncture at the New York Chiropractic College Acupuncture Program in Seneca Falls, NY
- Board certified family nurse practitioner
- Is a registered nurse and member of the Nurse Practitioner Association of New York, American Academy of Sleep Medicine, and Sigma Theta Tau International
- Joined Unity Sleep Disorders Center in 1999
Carol Barnett, PhD, JD*
RLMI Board Member
Read more about Carol Barnett
Co-Coordinator, Rochester Area Vegan Society; provides the recipes, cooking and food sampling for a six-week course in Plant-Based Eating which has reached more than 800 people in the Rochester area; mother of three adult children who are lifelong vegans.
April Wenzel, BSPsy*
RLM Institute, Program Director
Read more about RLMI's Program Director
April graduated with a Bachelor Degree in Psychology from SUNY Brockport in 1995. She has a varied background including Computer Aided Drafting, Process Engineering, Paralegal, Homeschool Teacher and Business Owner. April started her first small business in 1999 in the Southern Tier and added a second business in 2004. She sold both businesses in 2014 and relocated to the Rochester Area. April is passionate about empowering people to take control of their health and happiness through positive lifestyle changes. April is committed to reducing the incidence of chronic disease in our community and country through lifestyle education and cultural changes in communities. She is actively assisting Rochester Lifestyle Medicine, PLLC in partnership with like-minded organizations such as the Lifestyle Medicine Institute and the Rochester Academy of Medicine to create a new cost-effective model for treatment of chronic disease in a medical practice setting through the use of the Complete Health Improvement Program and other Lifestyle Medicine services.
Thomas Roberts, MD; Sandra Sarnoski-Roberts, MD; Susan Friedman, MD, MPH; Kerry Graff, MD; Ted Barnett, MD, FACLM
All of the above are board-certified in Lifestyle Medicine as well as being certified CHIP facilitators.
We are excited to announce that, as of November 2017, five Rochester-area physicians have been board-certified by the American Board of Lifestyle Medicine. They are among the 205 physicians around the country who passed the inaugural examination in Lifestyle Medicine!