Our mission is to transform the community and the practice of medicine by empowering patients to take control of their health.
Rochester Lifestyle Medicine, PLLC was created to accomplish the following in our Greater Rochester community:
- Reduce the individual and societal burden of chronic disease.
- Reduce the burden of health care costs related to chronic disease.
- Move so many people toward a happier and healthier lifestyle that the population at large moves in the same direction!
- Create a lifestyle-intervention program practice model that is sustainable and reproducible elsewhere.
- Put ourselves out of business by creating a community that lives the CHIP principles and no longer needs us!
We will achieve our goals by:
- Helping people to move towards a Whole-Food Plant-Based eating pattern.
- Encouraging and helping people to increase their daily physical activity.
- Teaching stress reduction techniques.
- Teaching people how to take personal responsibility for their own health.
- Building community and social support for long term benefits.
- Conducting medical research to build the knowledge base of Lifestyle Medicine.
We are guided by the following principles:
- We will advocate only lifestyle changes that are affordable and accessible.
- We will always be aware of the need to reach out to those least likely to seek our help.
- We will promote only educational services.
- We will not sell products such as supplements, vitamins, or equipment.