We are working to make
Lifestyle Medicine the Standard of Care!
- The mission of the Rochester Lifestyle Medicine Institute (RLMI) is to transform healthcare throughout the nation by spreading the word about the benefits of a plant-based diet, applying the principles and practice of lifestyle medicine, and offering a model of a healthy community to the rest of the world.
- In the spirit of this season of compassion, please give the gift of health to yourself, your fellow humans, and the planet we all share by making a donation to RLMI.
At the Rochester Lifestyle Medicine Institute
you take charge of your own health.
- 15-Day Jumpstart Program – Lower cholesterol, improve blood sugar, lose weight, and feel great in just 2 weeks!
- Complete Health Improvement Program (CHIP) – CHIP is an 18-week lifestyle intervention program developed over 25 years at Loma Linda University. Our patients love CHIP!
- 6-Week Nutrition Course – Learn how to embrace a Whole-Food Plant-Based Diet (Physicians can receive professional credit.)
- Lifestyle as Medicine Lecture Series – Distinguished professionals from across the U.S. share their expertise in talks given at the Rochester Academy of Medicine.
- Active Lifestyle / Move Program – Physical activity coaching in partnership with Genesee Valley Physical Therapy (GVPT)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Individual and Group Nutritional Counseling – with Liz Kirk, RDN, CDN (SilverStreamRD)
- Lifestyle Medicine Consultation – Schedule an evaluation with one of our medical providers today!
Five Rochester area doctors have recently been awarded their board-certification in Lifestyle Medicine!
Please Click here to meet our newly board-certified doctors and our amazing staff.
Checkout our latest ad about the greatest “drug” ever!
Meet Dr. Ted Barnett aka Dr. Veggie
Ted Barnett, MD
The High-Tech Doctor, with Low-Tech Solutions
- Board Certified in Lifestyle Medicine
- Board Certified in Diagnostic Imaging as well as Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- Attending Radiologist with Borg & Ide Imaging and Unity Hospital since 1986
- Yale University BS, 1976; Tufts University MD, 1980
- Consultant, Speaker, & Scientific Advisory Board member: Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
- Published in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association
- Testified before the Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee in Washington, DC
- Developed and teaches “Plant Based Nutrition: Eating for Happiness and Health,” CME accredited course
- Member of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine
- Co-Coordinator of Rochester Area Vegan Society with wife, Carol H. Barnett, PhD, JD
- Vegan since reading Reversing Heart Disease by Dean Ornish, MD in 1991
- With his wife Carol, raised 3 vegan children
- Read Dr. Barnett’s full Curriculum Vitae here
Ready to get healthy and be part of a thriving community? Learn about the benefits of a new lifestyle program!
We understand that it will take a revolution to change the unhealthy habits of our community. That’s why we’ve created our CHIP Revolution program, designed around our core CHIP curriculum.
We know that many people will need ongoing support to help them stick with the CHIP Principles they acquired during the first year of the CHIP Revolution. CHAMP, the CHIP Alumni Maintenance Program, was created to fill that need.
Lifestyle as Medicine
The series will resume again in the spring of 2017.
Dr. Chad Teeters, Chief of Cardiology at Highland Hospital opened up the fall series with “But Nobody Will Do That!”: Treating Heart Disease With Plant-Based Nutrition.
Past speakers have included Drs. Michael Greger, Neal Barnard, Caldwell Esselstyn, Michael Klaper, Thomas Campbell, Chad Teeters, and Joel Kahn.
Our Programs and Events
FREE Information Session
Our next one will be scheduled soon!
Learn more about our CHIP Revolution program in this free session.
CHIP Revolution Programs
Our next ones will be scheduled soon!
One year program with 3 month intensive lifestyle intervention.
Calendar of Upcoming Events
We host frequent events, including yoga, cooking classes and CME courses.